How do I tell Clara if I'm unavailable or traveling?
There are two ways to tell Clara when you're unavailable or at a new location for days at a time. You can use any one of them, or all of them together:
1. Create all-day events on your calendar with the text below as a prefix at the beginning of the subject line. Other all-day events are ignored.
- DNS — This prefix stands for Do Not Schedule, and Clara will not schedule any meetings on this day.
- Travel: Location — you are traveling to Location, and are willing to take meetings that make sense. Clara will only book in-person meetings at your location.
- For in-person meetings, you need to either tell Clara where to host this meeting or setup default meeting locations for your travel location.
- See the Notes section below if travel changes your timezone.
2. Email Clara about travel or time out of office, and Clara will remember.
- "Clara -- I will be in New York on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week."
- "Clara, no meetings the week of Dec 4. I will be out of the office."
- "Clara please find time for Joe and I to grab coffee while I'm in London Dec 4."
|All-day Event Subject Line||Clara Action|
|DNS: vacation||Clara will not schedule any meetings for this day. Clara does not mention why you are out, only that you are unavailable for meeting.|
|DNS: Auckland||Clara will not schedule any meetings for this day. Clara does not mention why you are out, only that you are unavailable for the meeting.|
|DNS||Clara will not schedule any meetings for this day.|
|Travel: San Francisco||You are traveling to San Francisco from your usual default office/home, and Clara mentions this if needed for in-person meetings so that the location of the meetings will be in San Francisco.|
|Reminder: Garbage day||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|Mary Bday!!||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|New Years in Auckland||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|PTO||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|Vacation||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|Out of Office or OOO||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
- If your timezone is changing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know for which dates + which timezone, and we'll help you get this updated so Clara knows. Then Clara will convert your preferred meeting times as they were set in your regular timezone.
- If you add an all-day event for DNS or Travel to your calendar and there are existing conflicting events, Clara will not automatically reschedule for you. If you notice these conflicts just send a note to Clara to begin rescheduling the meetings Clara originally planned.
- For example, “Clara I'll be traveling next Friday and just added an all-day travel event to my calendar. Please reschedule all meetings currently on Friday to be next week instead.”
- Clara will let you know if there are events that can't be rescheduled due to who set them up.