Authentication is granted to your Google calendar by accessing your dashboard at www.claralabs.com. Click the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner of the page, and sign in with Google (using your email account(s) associated with Clara). You must authenticate each account that you would like to use with Clara.
You may be asked to authenticate your account periodically due to a password or other access change.
Once Clara has access to your calendar(s), we're able to understand:
- your existing schedule
- out-of-office notes
- when you are in another city
If you ever want to add additional calendars, just tell Clara.
Calendar Event Origin
By default, all events are created on Clara's calendar, and invites are then sent to you and other meeting participants.
You can ask Clara at anytime to instead have events created on and sent from one of your calendars.
Calendar Event Invite Formatting
You can always request changes to how calendar invites are formatted, or to include additional information - just send a quick email to Clara!
Some common formatting cases are:
- Link to the original email thread (in Gmail only) in the event description
- Include the participant's last name in the event title
- Always include the participant's phone number and my phone number in the event description for in-person meetings
- Include custom text if the meeting is at your office
- Include custom text if the meeting is a conference call
Microsoft Exchange / Outlook Calendar
We do not currently support Microsoft Exchange / Outlook calendar. You will not be able to sync this calendar with your Clara account, and Clara may double-book over events on this calendar due to not being able to see the calendar.