Conference Rooms will begin broad pilot testing in mid-September with a full launch in 2017Q4.
The pilot for Clara conference room booking is available based on the following conditions and functionality.
- Only users on Professional or Executive plans are eligible.
- Conference rooms must be hosted as resources and booked through your GSuite.
- Customers must be the only user on their Clara account (sorry large teams out there).
- Clara will only be able to book rooms in two ways:
a) Specifically book a room you request. Clara will delay a meeting until there is overlap for all participants and the room you requested.
b) Book any room on your chosen rooms list. Clara will schedule a meeting based on the availability of participants, and then add a room based on your booking preferences, room availability, and room capacity.
- Contact email@example.com if you would like to participate.
Conference Room pilot setup requires less than 5 minutes (after you have access to the pilot). You will need a GSuite admin and a Clara admin to complete setup:
- There must be a G-Suite admin on Your Team. You can add one for free as needed.
- Once you have a G-Suite admin in a Clara Admin role, the G-Suite admin must grant Clara access.
- The G-Suite admin clicks "Connect with Google" in their user dashboard, Account/Conference Rooms section
- The G-Suite admin does the original Configuration (that any Clara Admin can later change).
- Once Clara has access to your resources, any Clara Admin can further configure rooms.
- Any Clara Admin can click Configure Conference Rooms in their user dashboard, Account/Conference Rooms section
- Choose the conference rooms that anyone on your account would like Clara to book
- Add capacity so Clara can book a room that makes sense for the size of each meeting.
- You're all set -- Clara can now book you a conference room at your request on individual meetings, or based on the meeting-type preference you set in your user dashboard.
- There is no charge for a GSuite admin if one needs to be added for resource discovery.
- The GSuite admin grants Clara discovery, read, and write access to resources. Clara DOES NOTE require GSuite admin access.
- The GSuite admin can leave Clara after the original configuration is complete; however, you will not see Conference Rooms in your user dashboard and Clara will not be able to automatically discover new/defunct conference rooms.
- If there are changes to conference rooms, the GSuite admin will need to complete configuration again for your Clara to see the changes.
- If the GSuite admin remains on Clara, then new/defunct conference rooms will be autodetected and any Clara Admin can modify the conference room configuration from their user dashboard.
- Conference Room configuration and capacity can be updated at any time by any Clara Admin in their user dashboard if the GSuite admin stays on the account.