ABOUT DEFAULT TIMEZONES
Your Default Timezone should be the timezone where a majority of your meetings happen. For most people, this is the timezone they are physically located in and matches their default in-person location.
Clara will use your Default Timezone to suggest meeting times to participants unless Clara detects the participant is in a different time zone than you. If the participant's timezone is known, Clara will offer times in that timezone.
Clara can currently detect your participant's timezone when:
- The email context suggests your participant’s location.
- Your participant's email location is included in their email signature.
- You explicitly state your participant's location.
- Your participant states their location.
Clara is not yet able to determine your participant's location via:
- Phone numbers
- Email domain name (@domain.co.uk)
- Domain names in signatures (domain.co.uk)
- Research (Google, LinkedIn)
If you are not traveling, Clara will use your Default Timezone to schedule in-person meetings.
Learn how Clara determines your current location while traveling here.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR DEFAULT TIMEZONE
To update your Default Timezone, simply let Clara know or email email@example.com.
It is not a best practice to change your default timezone setting while traveling.
Learn how to add travel to your calendar here.