You can update virtual meeting details on your preferences dashboard. Calls are categorized as either direct calls (1-on-1) or group calls (2 or more participants + you). In addition, Clara can remember a particular virtual meeting channel for international meetings.
If your email doesn't suggest an in-person meeting, Clara will schedule a virtual meeting. For example, "call" or "chat" implies virtual to Clara while "meet" implies in-person. If your participant asks to use a virtual meeting type other than your default, Clara will make the change and notify you.
You can set the channel details, duration, and additional text-based information for Clara-supported virtual channels in your preferences dashboard.
- Phone calls (Learn more about who initiates the call here)
- Static-link conferencing services (e.g. your personal room/ID)
- Meeting-specific Google Hangout or Zoom (note that Google Hangouts may require special setup, and Google Meet is not yet supported. Clara Admins can allow Clara access to create Zoom meetings on Zoom Professional/Corporate plans by clicking this link)
If you’d like to trigger a certain virtual meeting type, tell Clara in your email. For example,
- “CCing Clara to get a Skype on the calendar”
- "Clara schedule time to chat with Joe. Joe is international"
- You can combine with codewords as well, where "demo" could mean use your Skype for 45 minutes instead of your defaults
- If you have a static conference link add it as a Conference Line (e.g. personal room)
- If you'd like to use the same virtual meeting method for both direct and group calls, make sure Group Calls is toggled on. Otherwise, it will be exclusively used for direct calls.