There are two ways to tell Clara when you're unavailable or at a new location for days at a time. You can use any one of them, or all of them together:
1. Create all-day events on your calendar with text in the beginning of the subject line. Other all-day events are ignored.
- DNS — This stands for Do Not Schedule, and Clara will not schedule any meetings on this day.
- Travel: Location — you are traveling to (Location), and are willing to take any type of meeting that makes sense. Clara will book in-person meetings at your location or virtual meetings.
- For in-person meetings, you need to either tell Clara where to host this meeting or setup default meeting locations for (Location).
- See the Notes section if travel changes your timezone.
2. Email Clara about travel or time out of office, and Clara will remember.
- "Clara -- I will be in New York on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week."
- "Clara, no meetings the week of Dec 4. I will be out of the office."
- "Clara please find time for Joe and I to grab coffee while I'm in London Dec 4."
|All-day Event Subject Line||Clara Action|
|DNS (vacation)-||Clara will not schedule any meetings for this day. Clara does not mention why you are out, only that you are unavailable for meeting.|
|DNS (Auckland)-||Clara will not schedule any meetings for this day. Clara does not mention why you are out, only that you are unavailable for meeting.|
|DNS-||Clara will not schedule any meetings for this day.|
Travel: San Francisco-
|You are traveling to San Francisco from your usual office, and Clara mentions this if needed for in-person meetings. Virtual meetings may be setup with anyone based on your preferences, and in-person meetings will be in San Francisco.|
|Reminder: Garbage day-||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|Mary Bday!!-||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|New Years in Auckland-||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|PTO-||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|Vacation-||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
|Out of Office-||Clara will schedule events on this day without asking you.|
- If your timezone changes, then Clara will translate your preferred meeting times as they were set in your regular time zone.
- For example, if you are regularly available for coffee 8am -5pm Eastern, then "Travel: San Francisco" means your default coffee times are 5am -2pm Pacific for those days.
- You can override this default by telling Clara. For example, "Clara find me time to grab coffee with Joe while I'm in San Francisco next week. Book it between 8am and 5pm."
- If you add an all-day event for DNS or Travel to your calendar and there are existing conflicting events, Clara will not automatically reschedule for you. If you notice these conflicts just send a note to Clara to begin rescheduling the meetings Clara originally planned.
- For example, “Clara I'll be traveling next Friday and just added an all-day travel event to my calendar. Please reschedule all meetings currently on Friday to be next week instead.”
- Clara will let you know if there are events that can't be rescheduled due to who set them up.