HOW TO UPDATE YOUR TRAVEL TIME EVENTS PREFERENCE
ABOUT TRAVEL TIME EVENTS
Clara is designed to always take travel time into account when scheduling in-person meetings. You can choose whether or not you’d like these blocks to be visible on your calendar.
HOW IS TRAVEL TIME CALCULATED?
Travel time is calculated via Google’s estimated average driving time from your previous location. If your last calendar event doesn’t include an address or you don’t have any in-person meetings scheduled on the given day, Clara will calculate travel time based on your default location category.
- Clara is not yet able to leave a minimum amount of travel time by default.
- If you need Clara to leave a minimum amount of time between all in-person meetings, you may want to update your Buffer Time preference; however, Buffer Times will not be visible on your calendar and they will be taken into account even when the location doesn't change.
- Clara can’t currently calculate travel time via any other methods (e.g. walking time or public transit times cannot be used).
- Buffer Time is not added in addition to travel time. Instead the maximum of calculated travel time and buffer time is used.
- Clara does not send emails for travel time. Instead events are created and you are invited to them. This means the event will show your your calendar directly without you having to approve it!